The Great British Bake Off (GBBO) is a TV phenomenon, watched by millions worldwide and responsible for a sharp rise in baking by people of all generations in recent years.
12 amateur bakers are selected from hundreds of candidates to participate in a televised baking competition. The best baker is crowned the Great British Bake Off Winner.
Nadiya Hussain was the 2015 GBBO winner and arguably its most successful contestant. She currently co-presents The Big Family Cooking Showdown and has entered our houses through other TV programmes, including the CBBC’s Junior Bake Off. Nadiya has also written many cookbooks. Including this competition’s giveaway.
The programme is televised over 10 weeks. Each week, the contestants face three challenges: the Signature, Technical and Showstopper bakes.
The GBBO challenges
The Signature Bake is where bakers can showing off their tried-and-tested recipes.
In the Showstopper Bake, the bakers go all out. It’s an opportunity to showcase their depth of skill and talent. The judges expect impressive and elaborate creations of a professional standard.
You can see old episodes of the GBBO series and some recipes here on the Great British Bake Off website
The Mother Tongue Notes GBBO celebration giveaway
In honour of the GBBO final, and the fact that its technical challenge has introduced the British public to many wonderful, intricate, and sometimes, obscure international bakes, Mother Tongue Notes is offering this book to a lucky winner.
Bake Me a Festive Story by Nadiya Hussain, GBBO’s 2015 winner, contains 30 recipes and children’s stories. It’s a lovely books for children this festive season.
All you need to do is like this FB post and also comment with the answer to this question: what’s your favourite bake and where is it from?
See the full terms and conditions below.
GBBO celebration prize draw – terms and conditions
- To enter this prize draw you must like this post and also respond to this question in the comments: what’s your favourite bake and where is it from? Entry to the prize draw is free.
- The closing time for entries to qualify for the draw is 23.59pm on Saturday the 3rd of November 2018.
- The prize draw is open to individual residents of the UK aged 18 or over, except staff and relatives of Mother Tongue Notes.
- The winner will be drawn at random on 4th of November from all eligible entries received prior to the close of the competition. The winner will be notified on the thread within 2 working days from the draw date, and given an email to send their postal address to so the prize can be sent out. The winner has 14 working days to confirm acceptance of their prize; otherwise, Mother Tongue Notes reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- The prize is one Bake me a festive story by Nadiya Hussain and will be delivered to the winner by post within 28 days of confirmation of acceptance.
- The winner will be responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out, including any expenses and arrangements involved in collecting and using the prize(s), and in accordance with these terms and conditions. Prizes are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable, redeemable, or transferable for cash under any circumstances. Prizes are subject to availability and Mother Tongue Notes reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal value.
- Mother Tongue Notes reserves the right to reject any entries, including inappropriate entries.
- Mother Tongue Notes reserves the right to withdraw the promotion at any time without prior written notice and/or to alter or amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- The promoter of this promotion is Mother Tongue Notes, Unit 14201, PO Box 6945, London W1A 6US, United Kingdom
- The promotion is run by Mother Tongue Notes and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Channel 4, the Great British Bake Off, Nadiya Hussain or Twitter, Facebook or any other social media site.
- Mother Tongue Notes’ decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the prize draw and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting an entry, you grant Mother Tongue Notes a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such entry in any and all media or distribution methods whether now known or later developed.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name and image in any publicity material relating to the prize draw. Any personal data that is collected as part of the competition will be processed in accordance with applicable UK data protection legislation.
- Submitting an entry as described above will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All standard terms and conditions from time to time for use of Mother Tongue Notes website and services apply.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim (including a non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.